Hello and welcome to Nel's Nook! I am so glad you are here! My name is Genell, or Nel for short. I am 27 years old and was born and raised in Washington State. I recently moved to rural Southwestern Virginia and am having all sorts of fun trying to figure out this country living thing!
A Few Things About Me:
* I am normally reading 2 or 3 books at a time
* I am incredibly shy (until you get to know me!)
* I love coffee... and ice cream even more!
* I love the cutest yellow lab (who at 4 years old still thinks she's a puppy!)
* I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up
* One day I will be organized - I really do try!
* I love Disneyland - seriously I turn into a little kid
* I am incredibly clumsy - its so embarrassing!
* I love a good bargain and have recently discovered couponing
* I have a long bucket list and love crossing things off of it!
* I love trying new products - kitchen gadgets, beauty products, electronic gadgets - doesn't matter - I love trying them!
* I have my Master's degree (and I'm not currently using it...oops!)
* I am a (recovering) planner. I have learned that life is too short and unpredictable to plan so I have (tried) to stop and because of that I have met some wonderful people and created some amazing memories.
* As a teenager I swore I would get as far away from my home town as possible....
* My brother and sister are two of the funniest people I know
* I love Pinterest and recently vowed to start actually doing the things I pin (many of which you will see here)
About Nel's Nook
I have wanted to start a blog for a long time (as in if I had a dollar for every time I said I am going to start a blog I would be a very rich woman!). Part of the problem was I could never narrow down what I wanted to write about so instead I decided to write a little bit about everything. Here you will find my latest experiments in the kitchen, my crafting attempts as well as the rest of life's fun adventures - relationship stuff (see mom - using that degree!), fun work out ideas, and whatever else comes along!
I have just started stretching my crafting and cooking limits and I am not an expert by any means. In fact, I am known for saying "it didn't turn out like I planned" but I found that there is beauty in imperfection and always something to be learned! So grab a cup of coffee, find a comfy chair, and take a look around - I am so glad you are here!
Work with Nel's Nook
I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Thanks for dropping by!