Recently I have been trying to find ways to save money grocery shopping. I stumbled upon this awesome free app - Ibotta - that gives you money for items you purchase. That's right - free money for shopping and its super simple!
Here are some screen shots of how the Ibotta App works:
When you first sign in you will see all of the offers available with the amount you can earn for each item.
Here is an example of some of the products available - they offer a wide array of products like candy, household products, food, and holiday specific items. New items are posted weekly.
To select an item just click on it and it will bring you to a screen like this:
1. Back - click it to get back to all of the offers.
2. If you are at the store and aren't sure that an item qualifies you can scan the barcode on the item by clicking here - the best feature!
3. Redeem - after you get home and are ready to upload your receipt click "Redeem" and it will walk you through the process of taking a picture of your receipt and choosing the items that are on the receipt.
4. Pending - shows the amount of money you can earn based on the items you have completed actions for (see next picture)
5. Use the arrows to easily scroll through all of the items.
6. Clicking the circle will take you to the task you need to complete the earn the amount listed. Here is an example:
After you complete the task it will take you back to the item so you can complete the other tasks. To earn the highest amount of money per item you will need to link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to the app. It's pretty simple to do but it is optional - so don't feel like you have to!
After you get done purchasing the items at the store, click the "Redeem" button and it will walk you through the steps of actually earning the money. This involves a few quick steps. First you will take a picture of your receipt using the app, then you will scan each item's barcode to verify you bough the correct item and finally you will submit your request. The first time I requested money it took about a day to complete but since then its only taken about 5 minutes! To withdraw the money you have the option of putting into a PayPal account or donating it to a charity such as United Way.
Overall this is a super easy way to make a little extra money while grocery shopping!
All of the items I have purchased using Ibotta I found already on sale at the store - extra savings!
Make sure that the store you are shopping at is set up with Ibotta - you can purchase items at over 40 stores including a lot of stores in the Pacific Northwest including Target, Safeway, QFC, Fred Meyer, and WinCo.
When you share Ibotta through Facebook or Twitter, you will earn money if people click on your link and sign up for Ibotta
Ok I am new to this couponing thins - what are ways you save on your grocery bill!